Sales in the field is what makes Field Service stand out today. Are you one of the many companies overlooking how anyone can sell?
Keep reading to discover how to transform field service technicians, inspectors and agents into sales professionals in the field.
Why technicians are made for sales in the field?
Have you thought about how your field technicians are actually in an excellent position to make additional sales offers?
When your field worker is at a customer, they bridge the gap between your business and your customer. They know firsthand what the customer needs hence why it makes sense that they can achieve more during their visits.
The job is done what now?
Should it all end when your field technician has done his job? Why not give the field worker the tools to pave the way to another touchpoint or sales opportunity?
As such you can transform your field workers into powerful salespeople. So they can make personalised offers during each visit and enhance the customer experience.
Here are reasons why you should seriously consider sales in the field.
- They are already with the client and understand their needs at that moment better than anyone.
- Your customers trust them because field technicians know what they are doing.
- Sales can be achieved right there and then.
Achieve an unforgettable customer experience through sales in the field.
Think about it. Sometimes upgrading to a newer model is a lot more profitable for both parties. Today, Field Service has the potential to become more than just fixing and inspecting.
Additionally, your customer doesn’t always realise what they exactly need. What you need to give your field workers are the tools to identify sales opportunities.
In turn, they can present your customers with upgrades, replacements or added services at any time.
Teach Field technicians to sell naturally
At the end of the day, field service technicians were traditionally never meant to be sellers. Furthermore, the idea of selling could even make them uncomfortable.
That is why you should focus more on teaching your team to give advice and suggestions. Their interactions with your customers will stay a lot more natural and eventually boost confidence.
Identify Sales opportunities in the field with smart tools.
Moreover, identifying sales opportunities with tools such as Resco Inspections relieves even more pressure. You are sure to never miss out on an opportunity with a smart mobile application.
With the real-time data in the Resco Inspections app, you can set alerts whenever an opportunity emerges.
Here is how you can make sales in the field an astonishing success.
- The right questions – Teach your field workers how they can ask your clients the right questions to confidently present personalised offers.
- The right tool – Equip your fieldworker with a digital mobile solution to have everything on hand both online and offline
- Access and record customer information
- Smart recommendations and alerts
- Generate quotes, capture signatures, and more.