The release of wave 2 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 is here. In other words, there is much for you to unpack!
With over a hundred new updates, it can indeed be challenging to figure out what is coming up. Here is what you can expect from the second release of all-new features planned to roll-out from October 2020 through March 2021. Continue reading.
What can you expect from the Release of wave 2 for Dynamics 365?
At this instant, you can expect hundreds of new features including:
- Customer Service
- Field Service
- Finance and Operations
- Human Resources
- Fraud Protection
- Business Central
- Customer Data platform
- Customer Voice
Dynamics 365 Marketing:
Nowadays, nurturing your relationships with customers is important. Additionally, more companies use digital tools to win customer loyalty.
As a response to the growing demand for digital channels and also digital tools, Microsoft invests in:
- Host webinars as well as meetings with Microsoft Teams.
- Check you results easily.
- Experience customer journeys thanks to a designer with a better User Interface (UI).
- Additionally, the ability to use natural language sentences to create targeted segments.
Dynamics 365 Sales:
- Sales Mobile experience makes CRM simple and get sellers to start selling smarter on-the-go.
- Forecasting and gamification to create and manage sales forecasts as accurate as possible.
- Enhance usability within the application.
Dynamics 365 Sales Insights:
How do you adapt to these changes that are happening right now in the world? These new features help your business adapt through sales insights:
- Help sellers to boost their performance and workday with sales accelerator.
- Conversation Intelligence empowers sellers to gain great insights. Sellers close deals faster and identify new opportunities when transcribing calls and analysing content.
- Predictive lead scoring helps uncover hidden gems.
Dynamics 365 Product Visualize:
Not everyone has a lively imagination to visualise your products in their environment. Have customers explore your product as if it’s physically there. Showcase and also customise the products to match with what your customers prefer.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service:
- Hand your agents the right tools to handle multiple sessions at the same time.
- Enhance the omnichannel experience with mobile apps, Microsoft bot framework as well as outbound messaging.
- Gain great insights and help agents take the best actions through AI-driven adive.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service Insights:
Have you seen artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and business intelligence (BI) in action? With these new abilities, you can support your team to solve issues faster:
- Embed analytics for customer service agents.
- Track what agents are mostly looking for in your knowledge base.
- Suggest agents for similar cases.
- Translate messages in real-time.
Dynamics 365 Field Service:
Time to take matters into your own hands and deliver proactive or predictive field service. This is how Microsoft empowers you to do that:
- Keep track of KPI’s with new intelligence as well as a new dashboard.
- Send out surveys instantly through Customer Voice when a service is completed.
- Deliver proactive service: This is where Microsoft focuses on improving user experiences with Field Service forms, and more.
- Schedule your agents more efficiently without delay.
- More improvements to Field Service Inspections, Technician locator coupled with Power Apps Mobile enhancements.
Dynamics 365 Remote Assist:
What happens when you add mixed-reality to the equation when technicians need to solve problems? Here is what Microsoft has in store for you:
- Collaborate remotely and find the right fix to perform further analysis.
- Capture asset information with Augmented Reality during project reviews, quality assurance, inspections, etc.
- Have your technicians capture the right information. Which you can use to improve and also boost your business.
Finance and Operations
Dynamics 365 Finance:
With the release of wave 2 for Dynamics 365, Microsoft plans on completing core functional capabilities:
- Automating common tasks so that you can save time.
- Support for five countries or regions such as Bahrain, Hong Kong SAR, Kuwait, Oman, and also Qatar.
Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management:
Companies need to be flexible and adjust to the new reality. As a matter of fact, one of the biggest impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic is the disruption in supply chains. Microsoft wants to enhance these features to support you through these times:
- Better supply chain visibility.
- Maximized asset uptime to assure business continuity.
Dynamics 365 Project Operations:
Everything you need to smoothly run your business, from sales to financials. This is what you need to know about the impact of the release:
- View grant information on the Project invoice.
- Get a summary of your invoice through Project invoice proposals and list pages.
Dynamics 365 Guides:
In this second release, Microsoft empowers you with data and AI in order to create smart workflows. Now, you can use time-tracking data and connect that data to your business.
Dynamics 365 Human Resources:
Wave 2 centres on these areas to help you engage and sharpen your workforce:
- Transform your employee’s experience by managing leave and absence directly from Microsoft Teams.
- Unlock your HR data through building a custom or existing report.
Dynamics 365 Commerce:
As mentioned before, delivering a wide omnichannel solution is vital. Here is how to perfect your shopping journey for customers across all touchpoints:
- New abilities to fuel your E-commerce.
- Improve product discovery online on all your channels.
- Support customers to do more with third-party services, connectors and themes.
Dynamics 365 Connected Store:
Connected Store gathers signals while analysing them to get insights. In this release, you can bridge the physical and digital divide:
- Intelligent edge: Turns your in-store camera and Internet of Things (IoT) signals into data which is sent to the cloud. Gain new store analytics such as empty shelves and distance between customers in the store.
- Intelligent cloud: Through Intelligent edge, this SaaS solution gives insights as well as recommended actions for the retailer.
Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection:
With the rise of online purchasing and also payments, you need to be careful. Fraud protection defends from purchase and payment fraud, account as well as shrinkage fraud. These features are planned in order to make the experience safe:
- Review transactions manually.
- Extend and add fraud signals into your workflows.
- Improve and also make the experience for Fraud Protection simple.
Dynamics 365 Business Central:
Here is a quick overview of what you can expect:
- Greater productivity and also more requested features.
- Integration with Microsoft Power Platform as well as Microsoft Teams to boost collabs and decisions.
Customer Data Platform
Dynamics 365 Customer Insights:
Enrich your customer profiles with powerful insights and Artificial Intelligence (AI). Here is how you can easily personalise customer experiences with this release:
- Unify all of your customer data.
- Build rich customer profiles with audience intelligence.
- Use powerful AI and Insights.
Dynamics 365 Product Insights:
The looking glass you need to zoom in. Understand your customer’s journey better including their experience on every channels. More details to follow!
Dynamics 365 Customer Voice:
How do your customers feel about your service? Collecting feedback from your customers is a must. Moreover, you can learn more about their experience. You can expect these features soon:
- Send out surveys across communication channels.
- Explore new insights plus follow-up on your customers.
- Create personalised surveys with your customer data.
LOOKING FOR MORE CONCRETE USE CASES, REAL-LIFE DEMOS AND TYPICAL SCENARIOS?
Questions on how to make this release of wave 2 for Dynamics 365 a success for your business?
You can always get in touch for more detailed information about this topic. Don’t hesitate to contact us.